BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS
Wazoogles Superfood Superpower Smoothie
- 1 scoop Wazoogles Chocolate Moondust Superfood Protein Powder (see Products page)
- 1/4 avocado pear (preferably frozen)
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder (because the more chocolate the better!)
- 1 teaspoon Soaring Superfoods Green Shake (a mix of moringa, barley grass, wheat grass, spirulina, baobab powder)
- Lots of spinach and kale
- A couple strawberries
- Coconut milk and water to desired consistency
Whizz it all up in a NutriBullet and you have a high-fat low-carb superfood-stocked protein-pumped green glass of goodness!!!!! Your body and mind will thank you for it!
LUNCH OF UNICORNS
Crustless Quiche with Veggies and Sprouts
- 2-3 eggs per quiche
- Salt and pepper, mixed herbs, paprika/cayenne pepper
- Lots of veggies: I use zucchini, mushrooms, brinjals, tomatoes, onions – I fry them up in a little coconut oil beforehand
- Homegrown alfalfa sprouts – a quick Google search will reveal many pages that guide you in how to sprout at home! Super easy!
- Avo of course
- Mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame)
After you have flash fried the veg, put a heap into x-large muffin cups and cover with beaten egg and spices – place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius… And voila! We have crustless quiches packed with veg! Dress with avo and alfalfa sprouts for a superfoodie lunch.
DINNER OF DOMINATORS
Courgette Spaghetti and Ostrich Bolognaise
- Very large courgettes/zucchini – spiralise them in a spiraliser or grab a “pencil sharpener” gadget from the V&A Waterfront Market (R200)
- Brinjals, onions, tomatoes, spinach etc – any extra veg you love. Just chop them up and fry in coconut oil to mix in to your bolognaise
- Ostrich mince
- Tomato paste and tinned sugar-free tomatoes
- Avo obviously
Cook the ostrich mince by first browning the meat in a pan with coconut oil. Add some spices and about a teaspoon of tomato paste. Add the tinned tomatoes (or freshly roasted tomatoes even better!). Simmer until the meat is tender and the sauce is reducing. In the meanwhile you can prep and saute the other veg.
Once the meat is done, saute the courgette spirals quickly and add some salt (especially important if you are following a low carb lifestyle). Top your spaghetti with the bolognaise and the other veggies you love. Dress with avo and lemon juice… and start twirling!!!
MY SUPERPOWER SNACKS
- Lifebake Grain-free Toast topped with peanut butter or avo
- Wazoogles Protein Balls (ideal for a pre workout actually) – cook some dates in a pot with coconut oil… once soft, throw in some Wazoogles until the mixture is firm like dough… roll into balls and store in the fridge
- Superfood Chocolates: 1 cup coconut oil, 1 cup cacao powder, 1/2 cup peanut butter, cinnamon, splash of Himalayan salt, touch of stevia to taste – put in a pot over low heat and once it is all combined put into a silicone ice tray and place in the fridge until set (they must be permanently stored in the fridge as they will melt)
- Seed balls: using a Nutribullet and the millet blade, mill nuts and seeds of your choice with ground flax seeds and coconut oil. Combine to form balls – you may need to add some water to get the right consistency as the flax does the job of binding. Put in the fridge to set and pop a high-fat bomb as a morning snack